As the holidays approach, it’s customary to count one’s blessings. Anticipation of spending time with…
Suffering the loss of both her parents at a young age, surviving molestation, and becoming a teen mother didn’t deter Daphney Smith-Jackson…it instead made her stronger. It’s not surprising that this amazing woman took up boxing—it serves as an analogy for her remarkable life. Daphney’s story of resilience is as inspiring as the nonprofit she later started to UPLIFT other girls and women.
Daphney shares her perspective on:
- The feelings and emotions associated with change
- The results of change: win, lose and draw
- The importance of fighting for what you believe in
- Reaching out to others as a tool for navigating change
- The importance of giving back