We are a new nonprofit that celebrates, educates, connects and empowers women from diverse backgrounds as they explore new possibilities during the second half of life…also known as the prime time of life for women! This nonprofit is based on abundant research proving the physical, psychological and emotional health benefits of positive social interaction and the risks of social isolation.
Some bad news...
- Did you know that 42% of American adults don’t live with a spouse or partner and are at greater risk of social isolation?
- Or that social isolation increases the risks of depression, dementia, diabetes and cancer?
- Or that health risks associated with social isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day!
But don’t worry! Prime Time for Women, the Superhero of Connection, is on the scene, ready to defeat the evils of loneliness! Through research-based, innovative programming, Prime Time for Women facilitates social interactions, in-person and virtually, that improve health and increase wellbeing…interactions that are participatory, reciprocal, informative and create a sense of belonging.
Through events, such as the PTFW Book Club and Dinner Club, workshops and meet ups, members can connect and interact with guest presenters on an array of interesting topics from health and wellness to career and business startups to leisure and hobbies, to relationships and much more! In addition, members have unlimited access to articles, blogs and videos on our website, opportunities to make new friends, and the chance to be seen and heard and share their share their wisdom. More importantly, our members, through their donations, enable Prime Time for Women to expand its reach and support even more women.
According to Harvard Health Publishing, positive social interactions “influence long-term health in ways every bit as powerful as adequate sleep, a good diet, and not smoking. Dozens of studies have shown that people who have social support from family, friends, and their community are happier, have fewer health problems, and live longer.” As women in our prime, we don’t have time to sit around and wait for somebody else to address this need. We can do it together!
Join Prime Time for Women today and help us build a stronger, healthier and happier community, one connection at a time!
Donate today and become a member of Prime Time for Women. With a donation of $100, you can register for the Grandma Gatewood Legacy Hike at no cost ($100 value!) With your support we can enrich the lives of more women and exponentially increase our impact.
Donate Now using the form below or donate and register for our upcoming Grandma Gatewood Legacy Hike!
With your generous donation today, you will become a Prime Time for Women member. In addition to playing a critical role in our community, you’ll receive our member benefits, including:
- Monthly newsletter
- Advanced notice of upcoming events
- Book Club Invitation
- Opportunities to contribute your stories and photos to our monthly call to members
- 10% discount on events
- Prime Time for Women Pen
- Donate $250+ and receive 10 Prime Time for Women notecards: “Stronger, Healthier and Happier…Together!”
- Donate $500+ and receive 10 Prime Time for Women notecards AND cover the membership cost of 5 women in need.
- Do you have a business? Become a Corporate Sponsor at the Advocate, Benefactor or Champion level and cover the cost of membership for 10, 25, and 50 women in need.
If you want to mail your donation, please make checks payable to Prime Time for Women and send to:
13010 Sturbridge Court, Hagerstown, MD 21742
Unable to afford our membership? Thanks to our generous sponsors and donors we’ve got you covered!
Please contact us to see how you can still become a member!